Thursday, November 1, 2012

All Hallow's Eve

 
Happy Halloween last night!! Hope you all had a good one and did something fun! Just wanted to share our costume with you :) The Hubby and I went as a '50s housewife and milkman (totally scandalous) I had so much fun dressing up for this one!! The dress is vintage, circa 1950's from my Grandma's closet! I can just squeeze into it and I'm always looking for an excuse to wear it!
 
 
My mom and I made the milk bottles from empty Starbuck's Frappuccino bottles and a cute wire basket she had on hand. We even made cute labels and filled the bottles with baking powder and water for the milk & hot chocolate powder and water for the chocolate milk! It was really fun and the only thing I had to pay for was the bow-tie and cap for my Hubby. The cap was $2 at a thrift store and I just wrote on it with sharpie.
 
 
Did any of you dress up as something fun??
 
Outfit Details:
Me:     Dress - Vintage, from my Grandma
Shoes - Vintage, thrifted
Necklace - Local Craft Fair
Hub:     Dress Shirt - ???,  Jeans - H&M
Bow-tie - Taylor Maid Halloween
Hat - thrifted, DIY
?