Sunday, August 26, 2012

Craft Sunday: Map Heart DIY

 


I promised I'd post photos of the gift I put together for my Mom, so here it is! Although, I apologize I didn't get the best photos in my not-so-well-lit basement apartment...
I decided to make these cute heart shaped map shadow boxes because my mom is obsessed with maps. They have meaning behind them too. I used a maps from the states each of her three daughters were born and put a little tag on the back of each one with our names, birth date and place.
 
 
(this is what the back of them looks like)
 
For this project I used:
-Three 5"X7" shadow boxes
- Images of maps printed off the web
- cardboard to make the hearts "3D"
- scrapbook paper
-stamps
-a glue stick and scissors
 
The photos are pretty explanatory for how it came together, so I'll let them do the talking.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I finished it off with some cute wrapping and a homemade card. My Mom LOVED it. Complete success. I'd say I'm the favorite.....
(Mom I know you're reading this and secretly nodding to yourself)
 
 
 

?