Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Painted Soles



While browsing Pinterest a while back (one of my favorite things to do), I came upon this and fell in love with the idea immediately! Using nail polish to paint the soles of some heels needing a little sprucing up? Incredibly smart. If you're interested here's the original tutorial.

All you need is:
-A pair of heels
-Rubbing alcohol
-White polish (to use as primer)
-Your desired color of polish
-Clear coat


It's pretty straightforward. The rubbing alcohol is to prep and clean the soles. Just rub them down good with a cotton ball. Then paint the soles white. You may want to use a bigger brush than what comes with the nail polish or it could take quite a while. Let the white dry, then paint two coats of your color. Last, paint over the whole thing with a clear polish. Let them dry a while (at least half an hour) and you're good to go!

 It was so simple and fun! I got so many compliments when I wore them to work. I'm thinking about doing another pair... I love how it transforms a plain pair of pumps into a statement piece.



In other news, I scored this lovely skirt at Ruche's semi-annual sale a couple weeks ago. Did anyone else shop it? I was so excited! By the time I headed over to the site things were a little picked over so I had to order a size down in this skirt but it ended up fitting perfectly! Yay!



Outfit Details:
Skirt - Ruche
Tee - Downeast
Blazer - PacSun
Heels - Ross w/ DIY soles
Belt - Jason Wu via Target

?

?