Monday, December 17, 2012

Va-Va-Velvet

Another Mundane Monday. And another outfit featuring velvet. Yep! Expect anything else? Haha. Sorry if you were expecting some diversity on this here blog.
And, hey! Today is the LAST DAY to make me donate $1 to the American Cancer Society by following :) Thanks to everyone who's helped! I love you all!!
?
?Oh, and look at all that beautiful snow!! We took these photos on Saturday and it was the first time I wasn't feeling strongly opposed to snow this season. I mean it is COLD and wet and horrible to drive in but hey, it's really pretty and makes everything seem so tranquil. I think the fact that it was 35 degrees instead of the recent temps dropping into the teens helped. I can only handle so much.
I'm loving this crushed velvet dress I found for super cheap at Cotton On recently. It's the prettiest color and perfect to layer with tights and booties! The booties also showcase a love I have this season: fur. I've never really been into it but lately I'm all over it!
I attempted to "blow snowflakes" (that sounds awkward?) like this cute girl, but the snow wasn't really fluffy enough and it didn't turn out quite as good.
Outfit Details:
Velvet Dress - Cotton On
Blazer - Vintage
Tights - Forever 21
Leg warmers - Children's Place
Boots - Target
Hat - Boutique

P.S. I'm linking to Inspiration Monday today even though I didn't look at the photo until after I took these. It still kind of works....right?
(Leona Lewis)
?